Sunday, April 19, 2009

Electric Fan Cleaning Tips

Electric fans take the brunt of the summer heat. Keeping them clean and well-maintained assured us that they not only deliver cool air every time we need them but that they also do not out us in danger.

Cleaning tips:
  • When used daily, an electric fan must be cleaned once a week. Accumulated dust and dirt hamper fan efficiency.
  • Unplug the unit first before cleaning.
  • The major parts that must be cleaned are the front and rear guard or blade cover, blade, front and rear outer cover of the fan motor. These are detachable and can be cleaned with warm soapy water.
  • The fan motor itself must be kept dry and cleaned using a paint brush.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I can't get my fan apart . I've taken out the 4 screws on the back but no avail. I even tried to pry it apart. Nothing is small enough to get inside. They want to charge me 12 bucks to tell the secret on line. Can you help?

Paula said...

I have a Duracraft TurboAir model df 1800 Id like to clean it. Anyone know how to get it apart.